Solid Waste & Recycling Newsletter
New Year, New You!
As we start the New Year, make a resolution to waste less! Reducing your waste doesn't have to be an all or nothing goal. Swapping one habit for another is all it takes to start living a more waste free friendly lifestyle.
Waste Less Resolutions from You
We asked you what your waste less resolutions were for 2019 and here's some of what we heard:
Catherine would like to prevent packaging waste by buying snacks in bulk to pack at home and by buying in store with her reusable bag rather than online to prevent shipping packaging.
Roxy would like to reduce clothing waste by only purchasing clothing from thrift stores.
Pat would like to reduce paper and plastic waste by keeping her own reusable plate, bowl, cup and silverware at her work desk.
What else can you do?
- Buy ugly fruit and vegetables
- Bring your own reusable bag(s)
- Gift a reusable bag to the person behind you in line
- Buy in bulk to avoid unnecessary packaging
- Bring reusable containers to buy loose pasta, beans, etc. in bulk
- Purchase food in recyclable packaging
- Participate in a river clean up
- Attend or volunteer at a organicrecycling and it could be featured in a future DECDelivers.
Leave a comment
You must be Logged in to post a comment.