Save the Dates!
Great Lakes Action Agenda Work Group Meetings March 2nd, 3rd, 7th & 8th
|NYSDEC invites you to join other regional stakeholders in a basinwide partnership to advance ecosystem-based management opportunities for New York's Great Lakes basin, as identified in the state's interim Great Lakes Action Agenda (GLAA). Join us in March:
- to help us select critical actions within the draft sub basin work plans for focused collaboration and implementation, and
- for a presentation by Natural Heritage Program on a new riparian restoration and protection planning tool created especially for New York's Great Lakes basin.
Four sub basin work groups provide a unique opportunity to connect, coordinate and collaborate with other groups and agencies working locally and basinwide.
Please join us for one or more of the following meetings:
- Lake Erie Work Group -- Weds, March 2nd, 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Woodlawn State Park Lodge
3580 Lakeshore Rd
Blasdell, NY 14219
- SW Lake Ontario Work Group -- Thurs, March 3rd, 9:00am - 12:00pm
Seneca Park Zoo, 'Z.O.T. Zone' Building
2222 St. Paul Street
Rochester, NY 14621
- NE Lake Ontario Work Group -- Mon, March 7th, 10:30am - 2:00pm
West Carthage Fire Hall
61 High St.
Carthage, NY 13619
- SE Lake Ontario Work Group -- Tues, March 8th, 10:30am - 2:00pm
Beaver Lake Nature Center
8477 E. Mud Lake Rd.
Baldwinsville, NY 13027 (Optional hike following meeting)
See flyer here:
GLAA work group mtg flyer.pdf
All NYS Great Lakes stakeholders are invited to participate -- including environmental orgs, academic institutions, state and federal agencies, local government, individuals and other diverse stakeholder groups (business, health, recreation, planning, etc).
Please let us know if you can make it!
RSVP to greatlakes by February 29th. Please indicate which work group meeting you'll be attending.
Questions or comments?
- Lake Erie & SW Lake Ontario Work Groups: Shannon Dougherty, Shannon.Dougherty, 716-851-7070
- SE & NE Lake Ontario Work Groups: Emily Sheridan, Emily.Sheridan, 315-785-2382