|Applications must be post-marked no later than Friday April 8, 2016.
Receive statewide recognition for your outstanding, innovative and sustainable projects or programs that are contributing to a healthier environment and economy.
Earn the benefits of being recognized as a sector leader and advance your organization's mission through networking and marketing opportunities.
Those interested in applying are encouraged to attend the webinar "Apply for a NYS Environmental Excellence Award & Get Statewide Recognition" on Wednesday February 24, 2016, 10:00AM-11:30AM. Registration is required. Participants will learn about the benefits of being a NYS Environmental Excellence Award winner; get tips for submitting a competitive application and hear from previous award winners (Golub Corporation/Price Chopper & the National Hockey League).
Eligible applicants include:
- Businesses (including but not limited to small, medium and large businesses, manufacturing, power generation, retail, agri-business, hospitality, sports etc.)
- Not-for-profit organizations;
- Education, health care and recreational facilities,
- Local, state, federal or Indian Nation government agencies (except NYSDEC)
Though not an inclusive list of all the projects that would be considered, DEC is especially interested in receiving applications that have achieved significant environmental benefits through state-of-the-art:
- green infrastructure projects;
- initiatives to reduce greenhouse gas emissions;
- climate change adaptations;
- food waste reduction efforts;
- recycling and composting programs;
- initiatives to "green" businesses, farms, schools, recreational, sports, health care and hospitality facilities;
- creative natural resource/habitat protection or restoration efforts;
- energy efficiency improvements;
- education and training programs;
- manufacturing process improvements; and
- creative urban forestry or farming practices, including programs to advance "farm to table."
Application materials, a "Tips for Applicants" guide and more details about the award program and previous winners are posted on DEC's website. In addition, you can contact DEC's Pollution Prevention Unit at (518) 402-9167, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information is available in DEC's press release.