|A Climate Smart Communities Webinar
Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Has your community been affected by flooding? Climate change, including sea-level rise, has already caused increased flood damage in New York State, and the trend of increasing frequency of severe floods is likely to continue. Local governments have a key role in protecting their communities against sea-level rise, storm surge and flooding. The Community Risk and Resiliency Act (CRRA), enacted in 2014, is intended to ensure that applicants for certain state funds and permits consider future flood risk, and that local governments have tools to reduce flood risk.
Webinar speakers will discuss resources for reducing flood risk that are under development as part of CRRA implementation. Webinar participants will learn about the CRRA guidance on flood risk management, and using natural and nature-based features, like sustainable shorelines, to reduce flood risk. Speakers will also describe a set of model local laws that municipalities can consider adopting to increase their resiliency in the face of climate change.
Please provide us with your name and community affiliation, either via email or telephone to the Office of Climate Change at climatechange or 518-402-8448. In the event that we cancel or postpone this webinar, respondents will be notified.
To join the webinar on June 8th, follow these steps:
- First, click on this link: https://meetny.webex.com/meetny/onstage/g.php?MTID=e32681160aaa872b5d784a9e206e18162
- Enter your name and email address.
- Enter the meeting password: NYSDEC1
- Click "Join".
- Click “Call Me” in the onscreen “Audio Connection” box and enter your phone number to join the audio portion through your telephone. The system will call you back.
- Alternatively, call 1-844-633-8697 and enter the Event Number: 313 938 491, followed by your Attendee ID (which will be displayed on your screen in the Event Info tab) to join the audio portion. The Attendee ID is recommended but not required.
- We are happy to report it is also now an option to join the audio portion of the webinar via your computer's built-in audio or via VoIP. In the Audio menu, select Call Using Computer. For more details, review this short video: https://help.webex.com/videos/1290
For assistance with WebEx, call 1-800-697-1323 or 518-408-6487. This webinar can be accessed using an Android mobile phone, an iPhone, an iPad, or other computer running a Windows or Mac operating system.
Note that you may have to download the WebEx plug-in and/or restart your browser to connect to the webinar, especially if you are using a Mac computer. Please join the webinar at least five minutes early to allow yourself some time to get connected.
Two days before webinar, test the computer you plan to use by clicking on the following link: http://www.webex.com/test-meeting.html
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This WebEx service includes a feature that allows audio and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during the session to be recorded. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to the recording, discuss your concerns with the meeting host prior to the start of the recording or do not join the session. Please note that any such recordings may be subject to discovery in the event of litigation.