Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.
You are subscribed to Rulemaking Notification for Maine Department of Environmental Protection. This information has recently been updated, and is now available.
Chapter 415: Reasonable Costs for Handling and Recycling of Electronic Wastes
The Department is proposing to amend Chapter 415 to:
1. Make the Department's rule consistent with Maine's Electronic Waste Law, 38 M.R.S. § 1610, which has been amended since the last time the Department undertook rulemaking (e.g., the term "covered entity" is defined and integrated into the rule);
2. Update and clarify certain definitions, clarify various terms and expectations (codifying the Department's implementation of the Chapter), and remove unnecessary language; 3. Reorganize and clarify various sections of the rule;
4. Update and provide television and game console manufacturers with the opportunity to receive credits for implementing their own independent electronics recycling programs in Maine;
5. Ensure the Department may request records and reports from consolidators- anytime not only when there is a "significant change"-to determine compliance with Maine's Electronic Waste Law and Chapter 415; and
6. Clarify that the Department may request records identifying all downstream handlers of electronics, electronic components, and hazardous waste and also to request shipping records of those materials.
Leave a comment
You must be Logged in to post a comment.